Do you need a custom graphical overlay or membrane switch for your product? For more than 45 years, we have provided graphical and membrane switch solutions for the appliance industry, and we can leverage that experience to help with your appliance interface design.
We understand it can be a challenge to decide on the right membrane switch to control your appliance. Our ISO-certified facilities can provide on-site assistance with engineering the correct membrane switch or keypad construction for your application, including the graphic overlay combination to make your product user ready.
What is an appliance interface design?
An appliance interface design is essentially a membrane switch that is used to control household appliances. The main function is to allow a user to press a button on a touch screen and achieve a desired effect in the appliance. Think of when you press buttons on a newer washer, dryer or dishwasher to select a wash cycle or perform some other task. This is an appliance interface design in action.
What are the advantages of an appliance interface design for your product?
Appliance interface designs, and membrane switches as a whole, provide a host of benefits to nearly every industry, and can be customized to fit a number of needs. These include:
- An extremely long lifespan.
- A significant reduction in tooling costs and assembly time.
- The integral multi-layered design seals your device from harsh environments, moisture and dirt.
- Due to the flat nature of the design, membrane switches allow for quick and easy cleaning and sanitization.
- Any graphic overlay or decorative applique can be integrated onto the membrane switch, allowing for plenty of customization opportunities.
- Various features can be added to the switch including anti-microbial materials, tactile and non-tactile button options, as well as the inclusion of audio, embossing, backlighting, back panels and ESD/EMI shielding.
What household appliances do we service?
At DuraTech, we can provide a host of interface solutions to a number of household appliances, including:
- Washers and dryers
- Select small appliances such as blenders and toasters
If you don’t see your product on our list, not to worry. With over 45 years of experience, we have seen just about everything. Contact one of our professionals to see how we can meet your needs.
What other services can we provide to the appliance industry?
In addition to appliance interface design and In-Mold Structural Electronics (IMSE), add In-Mold Decorating (IMD) we also provide a number of other services in the appliance industry, such as:
- Graphical overlays with or without membrane switches
- Printed electronics products
- Custom labels such as brand identification labels, logo name plates, and serial and warranty plates
DuraTech is an expert in printed electronic, in-mold structural electronics, in-mold decorating, graphic overlays, labels, nameplates, insulators/gaskets and touch screens.
Let our unmatched technical and design capabilities work for you.
Get a quote today.
Visit our YouTube for more.