DuraTech Industries is a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. We have been manufacturing labels, overlays and metal nameplates for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the automotive, computer, electronics, industrial and medical markets for the past 45 years. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment for our team.
We respect and value our people and recognize their diversity as a source of creativity. We value loyalty, dedication, hard work and pride in workmanship. We dedicate ourselves to provide a safe and fun work environment; one that promotes open communication, teamwork, learning and community involvement. Our Team Members are our greatest asset; our leadership in the industries we serve has been achieved because our people are the best.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic professional to join our Senior Leadership team as the Vice President of Sales!
As Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for leading our sales team to meet and exceed sales goals and for aligning sales objectives with business strategic goals. You will provide leadership, direction and resources to the sales, marketing and customer support teams.
- Develops and implements sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determines profitability and targets, and identifies potential new markets.
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Communicates in an effective and timely manner with sales representatives on issues related to the quoting process and resulting status, future quotes, customer relations, and all other concerns related to the sales process. Coordinates with other departments within DuraTech as needed.
- Plans and conducts sales meetings/calls to gather sales updates and account activities and to inform sales representatives of production capacity and plans.
- Assists Sales team members in determining monthly sales projections and action plans to achieve those projections. Monitors their progress and meets with them regularly to assess their performance.
- Facilitates meetings with the VP of Manufacturing to discuss design and tooling issues including tool design, methods for building tool, best manufacturing processes, production schedules and other job details.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with customers to ensure satisfaction. Tours current and prospective customer sites and builds relationships to grow business. Travels to trade shows.
- Establishes and maintains cost effective relationships with outside sales representative firms. Negotiates commission rates, payment schedules, and sales territory. Ensures that each representative has a clear understanding of the technical process for product development and offerings in order to better communicate with customers.
- Works with Marketing to create advertising plans, sponsorships, and promotions to build DuraTech’s image in the industry. Oversees research and development of potential customers, analysis of market research to determine potential customer needs and evaluation of product and service marketability to customers. Reviews their effectiveness.
- Champions teamwork, innovation and process improvement throughout the sales, marketing and customer support departments and provides the team with appropriate leadership, mentoring, guidance, and advocacy to ensure its long-term success.
- Collaborates with the other members of Senior Leadership to determine and develop the policies and goals in accordance with the direction of the organization.
- Reviews and approves plans for capital investments and resource allocation.
- Ensures that all corporate activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Formulates and implements the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business. Responsible for budget development and expense allocation.
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and reports to the President, Senior Leadership and owners.
- Participates in human resource functions within the company including but not limited to selection, training, development and performance review of team members, making recommendations for promotions, transfers, discipline and salary increases.
Experience, knowledge and education required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of successful sales experience within a manufacturing environment, preferable within the screen printing industry.
- Minimum five (5) years’ of sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized with excellent planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building and leadership skills for interacting positively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and effective training skills.
- Ability to preserve the integrity of highly confidential business and customer information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, and laws in the English language.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and reprioritize work under rapidly changing circumstances while remaining calm and collected.
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods and demonstrates the ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Come work for a company that offers a competitive and rewarding benefits package!
- Health, dental, and vision options
- Company paid life insurance for all team members and their eligible dependents
- Supplemental accident, cancer and critical illness insurance
- Company paid long-term disability
- Paid time off accrual from the date of hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Education reimbursement program
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Referral program with the opportunity to receive $1500 in bonuses
- Reduced MTU monthly bus passes
- Nine (9) paid holidays at hire
- Bonus PTO day on your anniversary each year
- $25 gift card on your birthday
- Employee wellness program with gym reimbursements, lunch and learns, community wellness garden and more!
- Social events throughout the year
- Community involvement activities