DuraTech Industries, a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse WI, is looking to fill a full-time Supplier Quality Engineer position.
DuraTech Industries has been in continual growth for over 40 years. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment. As a team member of DuraTech Industries, you will benefit from working for a stable company that offers competitive wages, benefits, 401K with company match, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), 24 hours bonus PTO upon hire, 8 hours bonus PTO for anniversary each year, milestone anniversary gift card every 5 years, wellness program, social events throughout the year and referral bonus program –earn up to $1,000.00!
What you will do:
- Works with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Maintains and updates critical supplier audit system and schedule.
- Travels to supplier locations to resolve quality problems as well as conduct audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Actively manages suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes.
- Monitors, communicates and improves key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (past due), DPPM and waste.
- Establishes specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Champions problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of nonconformances and ensure continuity of supplies.
- Strategically leads supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting DuraTech requirements; projects may include: process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.
- Aides in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition processes.
- Drives “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in project management preferred.
Skills and abilities crucial to success in this role:
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, FMEA, PPAP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work independently without continued support.
We offer great wages and a comprehensive list of benefits which includes HRA and HSA, 401(k) with company match, Paid Holidays, PTO, Employee Referral and Suggestion Programs.
Qualified, interested candidates should e-mail a resume to HR@duratech.com or stop by for an application at 3216 Commerce St. La Crosse, WI 54603. No phone calls please.
DuraTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity Workplace