DuraTech Industries, a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse WI has been in continual growth for over 40 years. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment. As a team member of DuraTech Industries, you work for a stable company that offers competitive wages and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, disability, life, accident, cancer, critical illness insurance and a 401K plan with company match. Enjoy paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) accrual, and 24 hours bonus PTO upon hire. Celebrate anniversaries with bonus PTO and a milestone anniversary gift card every 5 years. DuraTech Industries offers a rich culture that includes a company wellness program, social events throughout the year and referral bonus program with the opportunity to earn up to $1,500.00!
What you will do:
- Sets departmental goals in alignment with the company objectives and obtains planned results. Prepares budgets, progress reports and annual reports for the owners and Senior Leadership Team.
- Determines focus areas for process improvement efforts. Directs and manages process improvement activities with the intent to improve quality and productivity. Documents and tracks project improvement initiatives.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the work of department employees for effective and efficient operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Follows laws and regulations with regards to Human Resources and safety. Interviews, hires, and trains employees; develops work schedules; authorizes leave, PTO and overtime; reviews performance; disciplines employees; and addresses complaints and resolves problems. Ensures a safe work environment for all employees, identifying potential hazards and enforcing compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Conducts meetings to communicate department and company changes. Recognizes achievements and promotes employee development for the purpose of enhancing knowledge and proficiency of employees. Creates an atmosphere that promotes team cohesiveness.
- Ensures effective communications and collaboration with all shifts and departments. Creates and maintains professional work relationships with external entities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Supervisory Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in manufacturing required, preferably screen printing.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in maintenance and repairs required.
Skills and abilities crucial to success in this role:
- Thorough knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Basic knowledge of employment law.
- Strong electrical knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective training and problem solving skills.
- Skills and abilities to learn new computer software, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
- Ability to work proficiently in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to work independently without continued support from others.