DuraTech Industries, a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse WI has been in continual growth for over 40 years. At DuraTech Industries, we serve Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the automotive, computer, electronics, industrial, and medical markets. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment.
We respect and value our people and recognize their diversity as a source of creativity. We value loyalty, dedication, hard work and pride in workmanship. We dedicate ourselves to provide a safe and fun work environment; one that promotes open communication, teamwork, learning and community involvement. Our Team Members are our greatest asset; our leadership in the industries we serve has been achieved because our people are the best.
We are hiring a Staff Accountant!
The Staff Accountant maintains the general ledger, balances bank transactions, and manages the fixed asset records of the company closely following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Prepares and submits financial statements and government reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains the fixed asset software system; adding, disposing, and moving assets as necessary.
- Maintains responsibility for the integrity of general ledger balances in fixed assets.
- Manages cash requirements by reconciling and recording daily bank transactions for all domestic DuraTech divisions, including some Pretasky companies, and accurately maintaining inflow and outflow through the corporate bank accounts for all assigned companies.
- Transfers cash to various bank accounts as needed, maintaining balance on line of credit.
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries for subsidiary companies.
- Prepares monthly and annual state reporting packages and submit according to state mandated due dates.
- Reconciles company credit card statements and allocates charges to correct department and GL account.
- Prepares financial statements for at least one subsidiary (as assigned) of DuraTech Industries.
- Monthly account reconciliations
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounting in a manufacturing setting preferred.
Skills and abilities crucial to success in this role:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Firm but courteous telephone manner when dealing with delinquent accounts.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities while performing complex tasks and multiple projects.
- Ability to work with confidential information and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work well with people in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently without continued support from others.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy on a 10 key (by touch).