DuraTech Industries is a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. We have been manufacturing labels, overlays and metal nameplates for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the automotive, computer, electronics, industrial and medical markets for the past 45 years. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment.
We respect and value our people and recognize their diversity as a source of creativity. We value loyalty, dedication, hard work and pride in workmanship. We dedicate ourselves to provide a safe and fun work environment; one that promotes open communication, teamwork, learning and community involvement. Our Team Members are our greatest asset; our leadership in the industries we serve has been achieved because our people are the best.
We are hiring Set Up Assistants for both our 3rd shift!
The Set Up Assistant racks and/or stacks printed parts, performs limited visual inspection for defects, assists screening operators with press set up and tear down, and completes charts and graphs as required by the process.
- Removes parts from conveyer as outlined in material handling instructions and performs visual inspection for print quality; racks or stacks parts under directive of operator and bakes parts in batch ovens when required.
- Determines whether parts must be air dried or oven dried and then racks or stacks printed parts according to registration.
- Assists screening press operators with job prep, set up/tear down. This includes, but is not limited to, taping of screens, collection of ink and substrates, sending yellow sheet to ink department, removal of screens, washing squeegees, gathering styrene, and completes charts/graphs as defined by the process (i.e. density and/or gloss charts, etc.)
- Aids in the set-up and tear down function with the operators and is responsible to aid any operator needing assistance; replenishes cart items when time allows.
Ideal candidates will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Skills and abilities crucial to success in this role:
- Ability to work with computers.
- Ability to perform housekeeping functions such as cleaning equipment and floors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to work independently without continued support from others.