DuraTech Industries is a growing global Printing Manufacturer located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. We have been manufacturing labels, overlays and metal nameplates for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the automotive, computer, electronics, industrial and medical markets for the past 45 years. As our company expands, we need talented, forward-thinking team members to add to our team.
We work hard at making a positive, challenging and engaging environment.
We respect and value our people and recognize their diversity as a source of creativity. We value loyalty, dedication, hard work and pride in workmanship. We dedicate ourselves to provide a safe and fun work environment; one that promotes open communication, teamwork, learning and community involvement. Our Team Members are our greatest asset; our leadership in the industries we serve has been achieved because our people are the best.
What you will do:
The Process Engineer is responsible for evaluating, improving and sustaining existing processes to reduce cost, improve quality and develop best practice. The Process Engineer works cross-functionally to champion non-conforming product problem solving, verify rework methods, and facilitate team meetings. Process improvements will be accomplished through identification of variations and establishment critical controls to reduce undesirable outputs. This position advises production team leaders on improvement opportunities and coaches teams toward a zero defect culture.
- Develops, evaluates and implements improved manufacturing/administrative processes and related activities to improve cost, productivity, and quality.
- Serves as member of Capital Expenditure team to ensure new equipment purchases achieve intended results as well as prove return on investment.
- Works with the Director of Quality and Senior Leadership to select and prioritize process improvement efforts.
- Supports DuraTech teams by using proven methodologies to facilitate problem solving, identify root cause, implement corrective action, and verify effectiveness of change.
- Employs process improvement tools including statistical process control, process/value mapping, design of experiments, 6S/waste elimination, process capability studies, control plans, and FMEAs as applicable.
- Develops test methods and performs required testing to troubleshoot and validate processes.
- Monitors process performance (capacity, efficiency and quality).
- Creates, conducts and communicates results of studies/testing, improvement projects, and process documentation as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related experience working as Process Engineer in print industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in continuous improvement/lean manufacturing with the use of the tools preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer for word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Skills and abilities crucial to success in this role:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of products.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks(CAD) and MiniTab(Statistics)preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to work independently without continued support from others.