Capacitive Touch User Interface
In-Mold Electronics or IME combines the in-mold decorating process with the printing of conductive inks. It produces a finished product that requires a fraction of the space needed compared to previous technologies.
Printing conductive inks produces significantly less waste than manufacturing a PCB or FPC making the IME manufacturing process more environmentally friendly.
Using IME is a low-cost alternative to traditional technologies as it requires less raw materials, no assembly and produces a more reliable product. IME designs can be revised or updated by making changes to the artwork.
- Thin decorated control panel
- Extremely reliable capacitive switch as there are no moving parts
- Encapsulated circuit, sensors and other components
- Eliminates need for bulky tech boxes
- Printed electronics produce less waste
- Process does not require use of lead and is RoHS compliant
- More cost effective to produce than traditional membrane switch assembly
- Significant reduction in exposure failures
- Appliance (Major and Small)
- Consumer Electronics